- About Us
- Protection Products
- The DPC Advantage
- Contact Us
- Going Green
Intermodal shipping can be a great choice for lowering your shipping costs if you don't have easy access to a rail dock. But securing a container for intermodal shipping can be difficult, because the damage prevention solution needs to be able to prevent the collective common challenges from multiple modes of transportation.
As your container travels over the road, the rough ride of the highway can cause product shifting and compression damage. Humping intermodal containers can often cause end-to-end shifting in rail transit. And if your container is traveling overseas as well, then there are a whole different set of damage challenges to pay attention to created by waves and loading practices.
More than the damaged product, there's the cost to ship the damaged product back and restock it, the time delay, the potential injury to your workers caused from unloading a container full of damaged or shifted product, and perhaps most important of all, the potential loss of a customer after they receive a damaged load.
Don't worry. DPC has you covered. We have designed efficient transit protection solutions for clients shipping intermodally in industries across the board. All of our dunnage products are designed to provide cargo protection from both lateral and longitudinal movement in transit and help you prevent the high costs of damage.
And to meet the stringent regulations of the Association of American Railroads for intermodal shipping, all of our dunnage products are thoroughly tested and AAR approved by the Association of American Railroads to help secure your products in transit.
These products include:
- Void Fillers: corrugated load securement products that fill the voids between the pallets in your container for securing products in transit
- Honeycomb Panels: superior strength panels used for filling voids and adding protection for products in transit
- Air Bags: easy-to-inflate, double-wall air bags secure products in place for excellent protection during transit
- Corrugated Pads: used as load separators and product liners to prevent product shifting during transit
- Honeycomb Pallets: innovative honeycomb pallets provide a strong, lightweight and cost effective alternative to heat-treated wooden and plastic pallets
- Tier 55: specialized panel designed to be used as a separator sheet between double-stacked 55-gallon steel drums in transit
- and other customized products to fit your specific loads
Here is an example of a load securement solution created for cargo protection when shipping case goods intermodally.
Void fillers are positioned between palletized product to fill lateral voids and secure the load in transit. Protecto-Cell Panels are used in conjunction with dunnage air bags to create a bulkhead that prevents front-to-back shifting and helps prevent the high costs of in-transit damage.
Here is an example of a load securement solution created for cargo protection when shipping bagged product intermodally.
Protecto-Cell Panels are used to separate pallets and secure the load in transit. These are used in conjunction with air bags to create bulkhead separators for added support. Void fillers are positioned between palletized product to fill lateral voids and prevent side-to-side shifting.
The DPC Advantage
To help you solve the challenges of intermodal transport, we'll jump into your container to analyze your current damage challenges and create a plan for the ride ahead. We'll customize dunnage products that protect your products along the way and prevent the high costs of in-transit damage. And we'll always be there to support your staff with on-the-dock expertise and continuous help with any new shipping challenges as they arise.
We call this ongoing process The DPC Advantage. To learn more about how we support your damage prevention needs, please click on the links below: